No insulin delivery method, including traditional pumps, can come close to offering all the features of Omnipod® for your health, comfort, and convenience.
OmniPod Insulin Management System
Is Omnipod right for me?
Thousands of people with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes requiring insulin are using Omnipod and living life without tangled tubes or multiple daily injections. 97% of Omnipod DASH users would recommend it to a friend‡, and it’s the #1 prescribed insulin management system for kids§. It may even be covered by your private pharmacy plan or Medicare Part D.
HOW Omnipod® STACKS UP.
1. The Pod has a waterproof IPX8 rating for up to 25 feet for 60 minutes. The PDM is not waterproof.
2. 530G User Guide states “you should avoid getting your pump wet.” Important Safety Information
3. IPX7 immersion for IPX7 immersion for 30 minutes at depth up to 3 feet.
4. Pump is waterproof at 12 feet for 24 hours; Dexcom G4® sensor and transmitter is water-resistant up to 8 feet for 24 hours.
MiniMed is a registered trademark of Medtronic MiniMed, Inc.
t:slim is a registered trademark of Tandem Diabetes Care, Inc.
Vibe is a trademark of Animas Corporation.
All trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The use of third party trademarks does not constitute an endorsement of any kind or imply a relationship or other affiliation.
BGM = blood glucose meter
CGM = continuous glucose meter
POD- a small, lightweight, waterproof* Pod is easy to apply and wear.
- Built-in 200-unit insulin reservoir, angled infusion set, automated inserter, delivery mechanism, and power supply.
- Weighs just 25 grams with an empty reservoir.
- Automatic insertion at the push of a button, no needles in sight.
- Pink slide insert window to ensure the cannula has deployed.
- Strong adhesive.
- Durable, waterproof exterior shell.
PDM-a handheld PDM wirelessly manages your personal insulin delivery.
- Built-in FreeStyle blood glucose (BG) meter.
- Large color screen with bright mode option.
- Customizable ID screen.
- Test strip port light for low-light conditions.
- Extensive food library with carbohydrate counts.
- Suggested bolus calculator (also calculates insulin on board).
- Port to download your stored records into clear reports and charts.
- Intuitive prompts, like “Are you going to eat now?”.
TESTIMONIAL- Ashley- High School Student
Ashley remembers what life was like on a traditional pump. “It was difficult to fit in clothes-like you couldn’t wear a dress,” she said. “And for soccer I’d have to take the pump off for 2 hours which made it a lot harder to manage my insulin. For skiing, I’d have to keep going in every hour or so-it definitely affected how I could participate.” Ashley also recalls how summers at camp were difficult, taking the pump on and off and trying not to lose the parts or get sand on everything. And at home and school she’d need to be careful walking around as she often found her tubing getting caught and ripped out. With OmniPod®, all that’s changed. She’s found managing her diabetes is much easier, her A1C has dropped, she’s got much tighter control-and she loves the dress she’ll be wearing to the prom. “I can wear OmniPod® and you wouldn’t know I have diabetes. I don’t mind telling people I do, but now people can’t tell just by looking at me anymore. I’m definitely not as self-conscious about it as I was with the old pump with tubing.”
Based on an Insulet interview with Ashley